Rebecca Wilks

Rebecca Wilks; Photographer, Teacher, Yarnellian, Do-Gooder

Friday, March 27, 2020

Love in the Time of Covid 2; Hope



Bluebonnets at Turkey Bend Texas
The world has turned on its heel and our heads are still spinning.  As much as we’ve become accustomed to the accelerating pace of change, this one is nearly unprecedented, and is on a worldwide scale.  We’re experiencing a flood of unpleasant emotions; anxiety, fear, uncertainty.

Poppies along the Bush Highway, Arizona
I’d like to continue to do my small part toward encouraging a more positive one.  Hope.

Bear with me, please.

Hope shining in, San Clemente California
Several years ago I blogged about creating starbursts, a photographic technique which I favor.  In fact, I like to use it so much that some of my photo friends enjoy teasing me about it. 

Marble Viewpoint, Kaibab National Forest Arizona
During the last couple of weeks, I’ve noticed that these images are getting a lot of love on my social media feeds.  I think that’s because the starburst is visual shorthand for new beginnings, possibility, and hope.  Not only that, but these images at sunrise and sunset tend to have an orange glow.  Orange engenders confidence, comfort, and cheer.

Lee Flat, Death Valley National Park
With the involuntary redefinition of my life (along with all of your's, I’m sure) has come time to reflect.  I wonder sometimes about purpose.  There may come a time in this crisis when I’ll go back to medical work of some sort.  We’re not quite there yet, thank goodness.  For now I help in my own community and share beauty when I can.  And, with luck, a bit of hope.

Kofa National Wildlife Preserve Arizona


No comments:

Post a Comment