Rebecca Wilks

Rebecca Wilks; Photographer, Teacher, Yarnellian, Do-Gooder

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Below The Rim


First Camp, North Canyon.  The sand is blasting our faces on this small beach on the Colorado River. There are no complaints from any of the fourteen of us, though.  We just remembered that we were in the Grand Canyon.


This was the fifth trip down the river for me.  I keep going back because each trip is profound and life-changing.  The Grand Canyon is magical.  My last trip was about a dozen years ago, between my film and digital photography phases.  This time to my great joy, I had camera gear and skills which allow me to share this breathtaking place.


I also met some fabulous folks, photographers and boatmen (for the women prefer to be designated this way, too), and got my mind clear in a way that no other place can.

Thanks for the opportunity to share this place in images.  There are more in the web gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment