Rebecca Wilks

Rebecca Wilks; Photographer, Teacher, Yarnellian, Do-Gooder

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Unfinished Business




Morning Moonset over the Sierra Nevada Range

More than 30 years ago, I fell in love with this place.  Without a camera.

 If you've been to the Owens Valley, East of the Sierra Nevada Range, I'm sure you understand.  In college I backpacked, canoed, fished, hot-springed, and otherwise thoroughly enjoyed this mind-boggling country.

 I needed to go back for photographs.

 Last week, under the expert guidance of Jerry Dodrill, I got a start.
 

Graphic Roots in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest
 
From Moonrise over the White Mountains to moonset over the Sierra and Owens River, there were wild iris, alpine lakes, Mono Lake, the Alabama Hills and the Bristlecone PineForest.

 
Hiker Boulder-Hopping in the Alabama Hills
Of course, I'm already planning the next trip.

More Images are on the Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment