Rebecca Wilks

Rebecca Wilks; Photographer, Teacher, Yarnellian, Do-Gooder

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mental Health Day



I had a much-needed adventure yesterday.  Much needed.  Really.

I hadn't done any serious shooting in weeks and, my husband claims, I was getting cranky.  This is the closest thing I have to PMS, and it's not pretty.

I don't see patients on Mondays, but more often than not I spend them doing computer work, phone calls, and meetings.  Yesterday was a clean slate.

Road trip.

I had an early start and hiked the Kachina Trail in Flagstaff.  Never mind that the altitude (the trail head is at 9500 feet) hit me pretty hard; there was dew and a morning temp of 55 and there were wildflowers.  After lunch I heard a tornado warning (I couldn't make this stuff up) on the radio and decided to head down 89A to Sedona.


The clouds just got better and better, and I shot the redrocks with clouds from one of my favorite overlooks.

It was a terrific day and the crankiness is all gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment