Rebecca Wilks

Rebecca Wilks; Photographer, Teacher, Yarnellian, Do-Gooder

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

After all my harping...


...about being prepared and other aspects of  "Boy Scout Camping," I blew it.  It was 20 degrees colder than I expected at White Pocket, a remote and magical area in the northernmost part of Arizona.  I had frozen water bottles and ice inside my vehicle windows and had left my down sleeping bag behind.  I was grateful for the firewood my husband loaded for me before I left and for other emergency kit - type stuff that saved my bacon.

Other than that, I have nothing to complain about.   There were four of us, all photographers, and all hopelessly in love with this unparalleled landscape.  From moon set/sunrise to the soft colors of dusk, there's a lot to like about White Pocket.
Maybe next time I'll take my own advice.

The White Pocket gallery can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment